Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 1, 2007

Fund Rasing Opportunity

I have been invited to have a booth at the Annual "Women's Day Out" that Miles of Smiles puts on for fund raising. Miles of Smiles is a therapuetic horseback riding program in my town. Anyway, these is a pretty big event here and a lot of women attend. I will have to pay $75 for the booth but then can use it for fund raising for my adoption. I have been searching the internet for ideas of things to sell and I haven't really decided on one thing yet. I may take orders for a few different things and have just a little to sell on stock. Some ideas I have come up with are gourmet popcorn from Popcorn Palace and/or personalized luggage tags. I don't remember the name of the company but there a lots of different neat-looking (and bright) tags to choose from. I collect the info from buyers and the company puts the personal info on the tags. With summer coming up, these might go over very well. I pay $2.50 for a set and each set sells for $10. That's a pretty good profit if I can sell a lot. I can also take orders elsewhere, like church, daycare, neighborhood, etc. I found out the the "Mountain Man" lady wasn't going to be at the "Women's Day Out" this year and was hoping I could do that but that has reps and isn't just for anyone to sell.

If you have any great ideas and want to let me know, feel welcome. I can't sell food that would be sold at a concession stand. The building where the event is held has a concession so that kind of stuff is off-limits. Oh, I have to register by March 15 (not sure if I have to have my idea then or not) and the event takes place April 21 or 28.

1 comment:

Judy Bullard said...

I have just recently added custom luggage tags to my site for custom bookmarks. I was curious to know if you remembered the web site you found those inexpensive luggage tags on. I would like to see just what they have to offer.
You can view my tags here if you like. http://www.custombookmarksbyjaebee.com/luggage_tags.htm
I also have ready made bookmarks, if you would like to view them, here's the link.
http://www.jaebeecreations.com/bookmarkspage2.htm
Thanks for your time.
Judy