Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Buying Life Insurance

I have never bought life insurance on my own before. I either had it with a job or just didn't have it. Well, now that I will have a child dependent on my, I have to have it. I talked to a former teacher who sells insurance but decided to go with the agency that has our car and home insurance. I thought it would be lower with lots of coverage there but I was wrong. However, I think it will be better insurance in the long run.

Today the nurse came over for a little physical for the insurance company. I didn't think about not going to the bathroom before she came. She wanted a urine sample up the "this line". Well, I didn't get it to the line but I guess it was good enough. She took my blood pressure three times. Do they want to see if it goes up while she is poking, proding and asking all kinds of personal questions? I don't think it did. She weighed me and read the scales five pounds lower than they said. I didn't correct her. If she had read it five pounds higher than the actual weight I would have spoke up LOUDLY!! She got my height, took two tubes of blood and left. Overall it was no big deal. Oh, she will be back anytime for my drivers' license # since it was in the car this morning and the car wasn't at home. I think I am healthy enough to be insured.

No comments: