Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 4, 2007

Start Writing!!!

I had my final appointment with my social worker on Saturday morning. I am now ready for him to start writing my home study. Actually, I am ready for him to be finish but that would be pushing it a little. He has to get the KBI checks first since the first agency I had doing my home study didn't get the correct ones. Hopefully, with his connections, he will get those really quick. I like something my SW said after the appointment was over and we were just sitting around visiting with my mom. He looked at me and said, "You are way qualified." That was great!! I loved hearing that.
After that appointment I went saw some family who seems to think the opposite of my SW. For some reason they don't think I deserve a family of my own or to have the thing I desire the most. A comment was made to me by a cousin that really hurt. I didn't let it out until later when I was alone in the car with just my mother. My sweet niece who was sitting in the back seat assured me that I have her support.
I know I have loads of family and friends who do support me and will do whatever they can to help. I need to be thankful for these people in my life and not worry about the rest. Maybe they are so unhappy that it bothers them to see how happy I am. I'll pray for their happiness.

So, now I wait for the home study to be finished and start preparing my dossier. I am walking on a cloud for now and that is wonderful!!!!

No comments: