Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Preach To Me - Pastor Neil & Apostle Paul

It amazes me how God gives my pastor Neil Burum just the right words to speak to me at the right time.
Early this morning I had made up my mind again that I would switch my adoption from Kazakhstan to Guatemala so I won't have to fly. I need to stop believing that and tell myself that is Satan putting fears into my mind.
Then this morning in church the sermon was just for me. Pastor Neil spoke on Apostle Paul's words from II Timothy 4. He started with Paul talking about fighting the good fight, finishing the race and keeping the race. Well, I have started the adoption. Now I have to fight to the end and finish the race (my Kazakhstan adoption).
I will keep my faith in God that what He has started He will complete. That being my adoption. My fight is to get Johanna Faith here and to be her mother. I will not let Satan defeat me and the plan that God has for me. If I do that, my daughter may never have a family of her own. She may remain in an orphanage until she is on her own and that would be my fault for giving in to the fears that Satan keeps putting in my mind.
GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN!!

2 comments:

Missy said...

Thank you! Many times Satan tries to convince me that I can't do this. It might be taking quite a bit longer than I first anticipated, but God will work things out in His timing!

Unknown said...

I am so glad that your pastor had just the right words to keep you on track. Kazakhstan adoption is hard work but trust me it's worth all the work. Dmitrii is more than we ever dared dream. Also, I have heard that Guatemala adoptions are in danger of being closed down soon so he may have save you that heartache as well. Stay on path and remember... you have chosen the name Johanna FAITH for a reason!!