Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 24, 2007

So Easy!!

Well, my first home study visit is over and it was sooooooooo easy. Brent Cain, my social worker, got to my home just before 11:00 this morning. He drove five hours this morning from Topeka. He was so laid-back and so easy to talk to. We talked about a lot more than just my adoption. One of our main topics was KDHE and licensing. We just got our daycare licence in order and he knows what it is like having to work with the KDHE surveyors. I took everyones' advice and didn't super-clean the house. It was presentable. I didn't even get out of bed this morning until almost 9:00. I was very relaxed in my nylon jogging pants, t-shirt and stocking feet. Brent took a very quick walk-through of the house. He asked a few questions of me and a few of my mother. He gave a lot more information than he asked for. My next appointment with him is next Saturday at his office in Topeka. I will be there for a wedding later that day so it worked out just great. I hope we can get this all finished real quick. The most difficult part of the visit today was turning over the $1000 check. OUCH!!!

No comments: