Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

First Home Study Visit

I know it has been awhile since I have posted. Nothing has happened in the adoption process. But now I am getting ready to have my first visit from my Social Worker. Brent Cain will be here from Topeka late Saturday morning for about 4 hours. Everyone has said it isn't really a study of the home but I am still going to clean like a madman. It is more of an interview for the parents/family about adoption and parenting, I guess. Am I nervous, a little but I will probably be more so by Saturday. I have heard so many good things about Brent and his laid-back style that I feel somewhat at ease. I have also talked to him several times on the phone and he is quite human. I will post again after Saturday about how it all went.

No comments: