Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 31, 2008

The Plan

Okay, I know all of you "Mom's already" are going to laugh at this post. I'm ready for it. I had a plan for Sunday morning. I knew just how the morning was going to go so we could get to church on time and have an uneventful time there.

We would wake up between 7:30 and 8:00, eat breakfast, get dressed and leave for church. Johanna would enjoy the praise and worship time. When Pastor Neil got up to speak, Johanna would take her bottle and sleep through the sermon. I guess I forgot to give the plan to Johanna.

I heard her scratching at 6:30 (she is sleeping in a pac-n-play in my room right now). I thought I would bring her to my bed and we would cuddle for 30 minutes. WRONG! She was soaked! Upstairs we went for a bath and breakfast. Since we were up so early Johanna fell asleep at 7:30 for about an hour.

We got to church in plenty of time and Johanna did enjoy the music. I gave her a bottle at the beginning of the sermon but she didn't want to nap again in the morning. She wanted to preach. Needless to say, I didn't get to hear the sermon this week.

Johanna - all ready for church

Let's go!!

9 comments:

Ellie said...

hahaha... THE PLAN!


HEHEHE... Even if you clued her in on the plan, it doesn't always work... I ended up going to 2 different sessions the first time... 1 Angelena gave the sermon, and 2nd she slept!

Hugs
Ellie

Melissa said...

Welcome to motherhood! Now you know who is really in charge at your house!

Tami said...

Ahhh...the best laid plans! :>)

veggiemom said...

It's amazing how wee ones have a way of changing the plans without letting us know ahead of time.
Kerri and Ruby

demp5 said...

She is so precious and looks so happy! Did you feel like you needed to pinch yourself at church sitting there with her? I am thrilled for you both!!
Meghan

Terry said...

How funny! Lesson learned....throw ALL plans out of the window! ;)

Terry

LISA said...

She wanted to make sure you weren't late for church!

Debbie said...

LOL! I'm not sure sharing that plan with her would have made a bit of difference. Our little people like to do things their way.

Karrie said...

Congratulations on your beautiful daughter!!!!
We had leaky diapers at night, too.
Try Huggies Overnight Diapers. They helped.
There is also a product called a diaper doubler that is a pad that goes inside the diaper and extends the absorbancy. Hope this helps!
I hate when snuggle time is ruinned by a need for changing due to wet jammies.
Best wishes!
Karrie