Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What The News Says Is True

Have you heard on the news, or other shows, how poor Americans' geography skills are? Well, it is true!! Mom just called her Visa card company to let them know we would be out of the country and possibly using the card.
Here is the conversation:
Service Rep.: Where are you going?
Mom: Guatemala
Service Rep: What country is it in?
Mom: Guatemala is the country. It's south of Mexico.
Service Rep.: Oh, you're going to Mexico.
Mom: No, we are going to Guatemala. It is south of Mexico.
Service Rep: How do you spell that?

I hope the airline people are better informed about geography. I would hate to end up somewhere my baby isn't.

12 comments:

Nikki said...

LOL, that's funny! I guarantee you that the rep's from airlines are MUCH better-- they will know what you're talking about :) Try Trent from Velocity Tours. I'll email you the info I got from a friend...

Good luck with the trip-planning! It's fun but stressful at times!

Nat said...

I love it :) CONGRATS on PINK!!! We received PINK yesterday too and our Embassy appt is 3/25 also!

Frances said...

Scarey!!!!!

Tami said...

HAHAH!!! If it weren't so sad it would be funny. Oh, alright. It's funny anyway! But it's still so incredibly sad. How do these people graduate from school and get jobs?!

Terry said...

How funny...and pathetic!

Terry

Steph said...

Wow! That's scary!!

WOOHOO on PINK!!!! We leave Guate on 3/25. Keep an eye out for us if you are at the Marriott!! We will be with the cutest boy in Guate! :)

Anonymous said...

That is so funny but at the same time very, very sad!
Congratulations on PINK! Have a safe trip to G-U-A-T-E-M-A-L-A. God's blessings to you and your precious daughter, Johanna Faith.

Take care,
Gina, Mommy to Lucas

Debbie said...

LOL! One of our youngest son's friends asked if Guatemala was near China when we first started our adoption. By the way, his friend was 19 at the time and a high school graduate. Maybe I should consider private school for Lili.

Katie said...

LOL ... that is the best !!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

That is so funny!! I am so glad to hear that you have PINK!! NO go get that cutie pie. Can't wait to see pictures.

Melissa said...

Oh. My. Word. Am I the only person who thinks it is sad and not funny?

Victoria and Joe said...

PINK YEAH!!! I am so happy for you.. I am finding it harder and harder to wait.. HAve you started packing yet? It is gonna be here before you know it...