Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 27, 2007

More Guatemalan Friends

I met another family with children from Guatemala tonight. Mom's name is Tara and her children are Jackson and Andi. They are both from Eagle's Nest and are four years old. I didn't meet the dad.

We went to a dog training class tonight. Across the way I saw a cute little hispanic looking boy. We have a huge hispanic population here but this boy looked different. He had Asian-looking eyes. My Johanna has Asian-looking eyes and there was a discussion about it on one of the Yahoo groups recently. I knew this boy had to be Guatemalan. The mother was caucasion. I finally had to go over and be nosey. I asked the mother and told her about my adoption.

Tara was as excited to meet me as I was her. She even introduced me to her children and told them about my adoption. They both thought it was pretty neat too. I am excited too go back and see them again next week.

3 comments:

veggiemom said...

Fun! I love meeting other Guat families.

Kerri and Ruby

Merrill said...

Hi,
My son was at Eagle's Nest for the first 5 months of his life. I visited the children's home in April 2006. I'd love to know if your new friends children were at the home when I visited.
Merrill
www.john-oursonshine.blogspot.com

Whitney said...

Is Johanna at EN, too? Our Ellie is there! You can shoot me an email!