Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

2 Fortune Cookies


I don't really believe in fortune cookies but I do enjoy reading them for fun. Last night I read one for me and one for my mother. Oh Boy!! Maybe there is some truth in them.

This is what mine said. "Your happiness is before you, not behind you! Cherish it." Okay, that makes sense. I am adopting a beautiful baby so happiness is still to come. I can go with that.

Some background before I tell you what my mother's said. My dad passed away almost 10 years ago. His name is still on a lot of my mother's accounts because it is too much of a hassle to have it taken off. However, some accounts have my dad's and my name on them. We have no idea why that is. The other day my mom called the gas company about her account and they wouldn't deal with her because the account was in Dad's and my names. I had to get on the phone and have Mom's name added so she could take care of business. While I was on the phone I asked the gas rep. to please send the bills to Dad since the account is in his name. She didn't get the joke.

Now, on to Mom's fortune . . . "Your spouse's bills are yours and yours are yours"
Freaky, huh?

7 comments:

Tami said...

Now THAT's really freaky! :)

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

Oh My... I got chills...that certainly is spooky !
God Bless~
Julie

Courtney said...

Holy Cow...Weird ! Courtney

Melissa said...

Wow!

Jenny said...

That is crazy! Wow.

Some of my mom's bills are still solely in my dad's name. We called to change something on her phone service, I think it was, and had to explain that there was no way Charles could authorize the change.

Jill said...

Odd, we always read them so much mroe carefully now... like I am looking for it to say "Jill, Mario's case is out of PGN, go get him!" But no such luck! Lol. Now I will really be looking after reading your moms!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.