Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 9, 2007

POA on it's Way!!

ag

Well, on it's way to the Guatemalan Consulate in Houston. It came today from the Kansas Secretary of State and as soon as my mom walked in the door, I was out. On my way to the Fed Ex drop-off box.

I have to say also, I really appreciate the Kansas Secretary of State, Ron Thornburgh, and his office. They are super-fast!! I got the POA from my agency on 8/7 and overnighted it to Topeka. They received it 8/8, authenticated and sent it right back to me that same day. Now, if the Guatemalan Consulate will be that quick. Patience, patience, patience!!!!

BTW, for those who don't know what the POA is, it is Power of Attorney. It gives my agency's attorney the power to act on my behalf in Guatemala concerning the adoption.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gail said...

To Anonymous,
I took care of it and thanks for the advice. It makes a lot of sense and I just wasn't thinking too clearly at the time.

Anonymous said...

Your welcome. I wish you luck. Your blog is beautiful and so is that little girl. We are waiting on our own little girl from Guatemala, she is now 6 mos and we are in PGN. She was tiny at birth too, only 4 1/2 lbs. I was a little worried about the weight, but everyone said she'd pick it up quick..and did she ever! Congrats!

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

Yippie! Progress is beautiful isn't it ? Praying your POA speeds through the hands at the Houston Consulate and is on it's way to Guatemala very soon !
God Bless~
Julie

Tam said...

I hope it comes back quick for you! Here's hoping for a smooth process!

Madelyn's Mommy said...

Congratulations on your referral! She is beautiful! I hope you are in Family Court very soon!

Andrea

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

Isn't looking at your daughter and going through these steps after her referral way more exciting than the paperchasing!!!I can feel your excitment!!

Aves