Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 5, 2007

The Call


It was so funny when my agency coordinator called Friday afternoon. I knew it was a long distance call from the caller i.d. I wasn't sure who it was though. She asked if it was Gail and I told her it was. I still didn't know who she was. She told my it was Anne but I couldn't understand her so she had to repeat. She said very calmly, "Gail, this is Anne. Go to your computer." I think I knew what she was saying but didn't want to believe it, just in case. I had to almost literally throw my 13 year old niece out of the desk chair. I got my mail up and found the email from Anne. I hollered at my niece to go get my mother who was in the backyard. I really wanted Mom to see the baby first with me but I also didn't want to wait. I went ahead and looked. Above is my very first glimpse of my Johanna Faith. Then all I could do was cry. Sometime during this one of our daycare moms came in. She stood behind me and cried too. She has a five year old daughter they adopted at 5 months. She could totally relate.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop me now, Auntie Lori is already shopping! Brooklen will have all the new school things she needs in a couple of weeks and then it's on to Baby Johanna (Hannah as brooklen calls her). We shopped a few minutes today but didn't buy!

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

What a beautiful moment... You remember that call with such joy and excitement and it is something you will never forget. Your daughter is precious !
God Bless~
Julie

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful ....can't wait to watch her grow !!!
*Your secret blog pal*

Melissa said...

A great story about "the call". Johanna will love hearing that story someday.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. "The Call" and your pictures are special memories.

Krystal said...

Congrats! Johanna is gorgeous!

Rose said...

I'll never forget the "call"!

Peg said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations and may you speed through the process and get her home soon.

LouLou said...

Gail,
She is JUST perfect! I am just so thrilled for you!!!!! I remember the call about AP like it was yesterday....Praying with you to bring her home quickly!

Annie and Greg said...

Now I am crying!! Seeing your child for the first time is just the most amazing thing!

Jane said...

just saw your news on the singleadopt guatemala group site.
Congratulations! Looking forward to following your story here.

Kelly said...

Isn't she beautiful! Congradulations to you! I hope everything goes speedy for you and she is home soon.
Best Wishes,
Kelly

Melissa said...

I'm just so happy for you :-)

Jill said...

SOOOOO Beautiful! We are so happy for you!!!!!