Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Need Some Good News



Wednesday morning my sister and brother-in-law had a nephew killed in Iraq. He was due to be home by the end of this month. He is survived by his wife, Amber, and two small children. He was only 30 years old.


Yesterday at 6:10 p.m., during rush hour traffic, a huge section of a bridge on I-35W collapsed in Minneapolis. Many were injured and too many were killed. Another sister and her husband cross this bridge everyday going to and from work. They had just returned over the bridge about two hours before the collapse. We are praising God for their safety but also mourning for those injured and killed.

This has just been a week of tragedy. I have had several friends make progress in their adoptions, DNA match, Pre-approvals, PGN outs, and one friend even brought her baby home yesterday. I want some good news of my own now. Please God, send me my referral.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi--whew, lots of sad stuff! I pray for all of the people on the bridge, their families and your families nephew.

I pray you get your referral very soon!

Donna

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

Here's praying for you baby's referral!!

Sorry for the rough week. I find life hard to understand sometimes, but it comforts me knowing that all things are known by our loving God.

Aves

Tam said...

Please send my condolences to your sister and her DH. So sad.

I'm praying for your referral. Your baby is coming. She's just not quite ready yet. Soon.