Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

People are Excited!!

Believe it not I am selling popcorn to raise money to help pay for my adoption. What's neat is how people will buy it just because of what it is for. I just returned from my dentist office. I told the ladies there I'm not going to be getting my teeth cleaned for several years because I am adopting a baby. I will need all my money for the adoption and teeth cleanings are not as important. They laughed at me or course, and then told me how excited they were for me. When Hiedi, one of the hygienist, came to the front I asked her if she wanted to buy some popcorn. She kind of curled her nose up but as soon as Angela told her I was adopting a baby, her attitude towards the popcorn changed. I am ready to hit my neighborhood now. I will still avoid a couple but I have more confidence now.

3 comments:

Nichole Foster said...

u would not belive the things people will do to help fund an adoption.

When we did our yard sale in July we sold popsicles and blow pops and soda. We had a photo album out of Miss Mia and we told people about her and her special needs. People bought the stuff just to help, and some people even donated just to donate.

you should also check into Kingdom Kids they are a tax deductable place people can donate to and get a reciept for tax returns for their doantions. You fill out an application and they almost always accept whoever then you write a letter to send to your family and friends telling people about the adoption and what you are fundraising for.

We got about 800.00 bux out of it.

We also contacted local day cares and christian schools. We had a school of 100 students age 3 yrs to 12th grade adopt Mia for the year. Byt the end of the school year we had about 1200.00 bux from them.

We also hada local Guatemalan Restaurant ask to have a donation jar. They called us to come pick it up saying it was full. Unfortunately by the time we came to get it someone had stolen it off of the counter.

But still they wanted to help and the fact that it was full is a HUGE deal it probably had about 500 bux in it.

Good luck on your fundraising.

Nichole

Unknown said...

It is truly amazing how much people are willing to help when they know what a good cause you are raising money for. We have raised so much for our adoption. We sold candles (little light of mine is a great company to use), and cross necklaces. We also held a spaghetti dinner and basket auction, that was our best money maker... we raised $3500 from that. I can share some ideas with you if you want to email me. Good luck with the popcorn sales, hope it works well for you.

Unknown said...

Oh... guess it would help if you had my email address. It is kimerizzo@yahoo.com