Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

I've Been Accepted!!

Today I got the call my Anne at LMI. I have finally been accepted to adopt for adoption from Kazakhstan!! It took a looooooong time just to find that out. My application was sent in before Christmas but LMI didn't get it before Christmas. Then they were closed the week between Christmas and New Year's Day. When they returned on the 2nd there had a stack of mail to go through, including my application. Anne called me on Jan. 4 and said there may be a problem because of my history of depression. What a set-back!!! That's enough to put one into a depression. My agency sent an email to their facilitator in Kazakhstan for an opinion on whether or not I would be okay in the court system over there. That facilitator wouldn't return to work until Monday. The next day was my 43rd birthday and I woke up crying and cried all morning. I felt better later in the day but still angry, sad, and confused. Over the weekend I prayed a lot and everytime I read my Bible I was assure that God was with me and that it would all work out. I tried not to doubt but you know how us humans are. Well, its official now. I am on my way to getting my daughter Johanna Faith!!!!!!

It will be a long road and it won't always be easy. I will try to post here often to keep everyone up-dated on the progress. When I go to Kaz to get my daughter, this is where you will first see her pictures. I will appreciate all your prayers, thoughts, advice and encouragement as I enter this new part of my life.

God is Gracious! (what Johanna means)
Gail

4 comments:

nattyman said...

Congratulations!! That is great news. That is all I can say right now since I am in class.

Gail said...

You shouldn't be checking you email during class Young Man!!

Karen Luckett said...

Gail,
Jenny sent me the info on your blog. How exciting this is. I am thrilled for you. You have waited a long time for the fulfillment of this heart's desire. I will be anxious for updates on your journey being Johanna's mom.

Gail said...

Thanks Granny K.
It is hard to get everyone told so I am glad Jenny shared this with you.