Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 29, 2007

I'm Back!!

Sorry I haven't posted for awhile. I couldn't figure out what was going on with the site. I am now up-to-date and will start posting once again . . . not that anything new is happening in the adoption proccess.

I have signed with Catholic Social Services to do my home study but that is all that has happened in the last two weeks. I have not even heard from the social worker, SW in the adopting circles. The receptionist at CSS said the SW does not set up interviews until after all the background checks are in. Considering there are about 3-4 interviews to do, I think she would want to get started as soon as possible. I know I am ready to get started. My goal is to have the home study finished by the end of February. I don't know if that is reasonable so I have asked some of my adoption buddies on the Yahoo groups I belong to.

Oh, I have also bought two round-trip airline tickets. They are American Airlines and fly anywhere in the U.S. Central time zone to Europe and back. They were just over $1,700. I checked with AA and to get tickets for Mom and I to Frankfurt, Germany from Wichita would be about $1500 a piece. The ones I bought were from ebay but I checked them out thoroughly. We will use them for the first trip, the choosing and bonding time.

2 comments:

Gail said...

That's what took me soooooo long to get back on. I'm not real computer literate and didn't realize I had to update. I did it and finally got back on. Thanks for advice.

Unknown said...

It took a month for our homestudy to be completed. That was 3 visits in the SW office and one in our home and the time it took him to write it up. So, the end of February is possible, just depends on how willing your SW is to move things quickly.