Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Driving to Minneapolis

We left for vacation Thursday after the daycare children left. We drove to Wichita and stayed at my nephew's house. Friday morning my niece, Xaviera, came up from Arkansas City to go on vacation with us.
Friday we stopped in Bethany, MO to have supper and it is a good thing we did. When we came back to the car we had a flat tire. We were very fortunate to find someone at 6:00 to put the spare on and put on two new front tires. He told us our back ones need to be replaced too so we will get that done soon.

Once we entered Iowa guess what happened? Yes, it started to rain. It rained so hard and the drops were so big that it sounded like hail on the car. We spent the night in Des Moines and got to Minneapolis the next afternoon.

Driving home through Iowa on Thursday it rained the whole time. Those poor people!! No wonder that state is flooded.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you had some adventures while on vacation! I love the pictures. She is just a DOLL--and so happy!

Carol said...

Isnt that always the way it is...it never goes exactly like you planned. Sounds like you had a good vacation in spite of the flat!

Debbie said...

I was starting to think you were on permanent vacation. Happy to read all the wonderful vacation stories and to see some new photos of Johana.

Stacie said...

Sounds like you had a great time...I wish I knew you were passing through DesMoines...I live in a suburb of DesMoines. I blocked my blog and don't have your e-mail...if you want an invite send me a quick e-mail
Tazandme0597@aol.com

Talk to you soon!
Stacie
Waiting on Maysa

Unknown said...

Lots of adventures! I'm glad you had a good time. Johanna is getting so big!

take care

Unknown said...

Lots of adventures! I'm glad you had a good time. Johanna is getting so big!

take care

LISA said...

Glad you were safe.

Melissa said...

Maybe we could meet for lunch or a quick playdate the next time to drive to Minneapolis. Finley and I are not far from Interstate 35 in Iowa, and we would love to meet you and Johanna!