Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bumpity Bump

After lunch today I was in the kitchen making Johanna a bottle. She was playing with her toys in the dining room. Or so I thought. As I came through the kitchen gate I could hear her crying. I called to her and told her I had her bottle. The crying sounded far away so I thought she had crawled down the hall to the playroom. I then noticed the sliding door to the patio was standing open. (The daycare kids had all gone outside.) I rushed to the door and there was Johanna. Down the two steps, sitting up and crying. I picked her up and noticed the bump on her forward.

She didn't like me putting the frozen sponge on it at all. She wanted to play with the sponge. She finally quit crying but I didn't. I felt so awful!! I guess I should realize that she is going to get bumps and bruises and she will live through them. However, I did show her bump to the daycare kids and told them to BE SURE TO CLOSE THE BACK DOOR!!!!!!!





In her stroller and ready to walk to Aunt Brenda's. I added this picture from this evening to show that she is just fine.

10 comments:

veggiemom said...

Poor Johanna and poor mama. Glad she's okay.
Kerri and Ruby

Debbie said...

Poor Johanna! I'm sure she recovered from her tumble much faster than mommy did.

Annie and Greg said...

Poor little girl! I usually cry harder when my kids get shots than they do so I can definitely relate!

Jane said...

I'm sure she recovered long before you...welcome to the world of mobility! Wait 'til she walks...and FALLS all over and over again. Still makes my heart stop every time it happens.

The gFamily said...

Poor lil' punkin! She looks like she is just fine, though after lots of momma hugs and kisses!

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

Aww poor baby!!! That looks like it hurt really bad!!! It's always harder on us than it is for them.

She is too cute!

Sharon

Taylor family: Tim, Becky, Tabitha said...

Poor baby, she's really cute despite the goose egg.
Becky T.

Tami said...

Poor baby! Sometimes I wonder if those bumps and bruises are harder on the kids or the mom. ;>)

Susie said...

Oh Gail, I promise it hurt your heart more than Johanna's head. All us MOm's understand your pain. Blessings, Susie

Beth said...

Bumbs and bruises are so hard on Mom! Glad she is okay. They do bounce back so quickly... luckily!

I love the stroller pick. Johanna is such a beauty!