Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I Tried

I finally got the mattress lowered on Johanna's crib today. I just took her downstairs and sat her in the crib. She looked so tiny in that thing!!! She smiled and looked around. She seemed to like it. I decided I would go ahead and see if she would sleep in there. I got her blankets from my room, laid her down and covered her. Of course she cried. She always does when I put her in bed.
NOPE! I couldn't do it. The night is too long and the nursery is at the other end of the basement from my room. We'll give it a try tomorrow during naptime.
"I'm a wimp," I told Johanna as I carried her to my room.

4 comments:

veggiemom said...

Be a wimp! It's better that way. Ruby didn't sleep in her own bed until she'd been home 6 months and I really miss her sometimes now.

Unknown said...

Don't feel bad! Keep trying when you are ready. :)

Baskets of Hope said...

You're not a wimp, just a mom.

Tommy slept with me the entire time I was in Antigua (he had slept with his foster mom) and then slept with us for 3 months after he came home. The only reason he doesn't still sleep with us is because he became a bad kicker and constantly moving and we couldn't sleep so off he went to his crib. It was more traumatic for me than him....not too much screaming, but he cried a lot. But it only took a couple of nights for him to get used to it.

Good luck whenever you decide you're ready....and don't rush yourself.

Terry

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

You are not a wimp!!! Maya has always slept in her own bed but sometimes I just put her in my bed. We love to snuggle.