Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Big Bawl Baby

No, this post isn't about Johanna. It's actually about her mommy. It was one month ago today that I held Johanna for the first time. That's some background for this post.

Today I took Johanna and some of the daycare kids to the library for Wee Readers. The theme was "People All Over the World" or something like that. We sang a few songs in Spanish and I thought that was neat. During one of the songs the children get to play little instruments. Johanna was playing a tiny maraca. The song was "It's a Small World." I just couldn't handle it. I started bawling!!! On the way home I had to explain to my daycare children that they were HAPPY TEARS.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aaaaaw... I think that is so sweet! I am a bawl baby too. I had tears in my eyes at Christian's music concert last week. Now tell me what the heck that was about! Chey has a BIG play coming up in a couple of weeks... I can foresee my waterworks already.

You know, you taught the daycare kids a good lesson, that sometimes we cry for happy reasons.

Pam L said...

Get ready, there will be more waterworks to come. Children just touch our hearts so deeply and those floods of joy have to have somewhere to escape!
I'm really happy for you!

Nikki said...

First time mommies we are! I've been a big cry baby, too... and I don't usually shed a tear before Josiah came into our lives! Being a mommy... that's wonderful. It's the joy that will last a lifetime :)

LISA said...

Happy tears are the best!!!