Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

PRAY FOR THIS FAMILY!!

I got this from another adopting family's blog. Please pray for the family below.

I just got an e-mail from one of my friends who is in China right now. One of the families in her group has experienced a tragedy that is so hard to comprehend. The wife Sandi and her husband Dennis have been married 18 or 19 years, and this is their first child. Hannah (who is being adopted in China) is their daughter, and they were preparing to return to the States when Dennis fell ill.
Dennis was struggling to keep his blood glucose levels in check while in China and fell in to a diabetic coma yesterday. He died in Guangzhou two nights ago.
Sandi’s mother and brother are trying to get emergency visas to get to China to help out, and now there is concern that the US government (via the Consulate in Guangzhou) would deny Hannah’s visa to return to the States with her mother, as her father’s death affects the status of her adoption (on paper only, though).
Please pray for Sandi, Hannah, and their shock & grief. Please pray that the Consulate would not deny Hannah’s visa and that they would be able to return home unhindered, and for all arrangements for Dennis’ body. I ache for them….this just seems unfathomable! PLEASE PRAY!

9 comments:

Tami said...

I can't even begin to imagine. We'll be praying.

veggiemom said...

What a horrible, tragic situation. I'll be thinking of them.
Kerri and Ruby

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

What a horrible tragedy this is. That poor family. I will be praying for them.

Sharon

Sandi said...

I will be praying for them. How tragic!

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

My heart just aches for this family... I will be praying !
God Bless-
Julie

Snowflowers Mum said...

I emailed their friends, and asked for them to share how much the adoption community is praying for them.

It is beyond comprehension.
Hayley

Annie and Greg said...

What an awful tragedy! I will definitely be praying for that family.

Courtney said...

oh how sad... that is terrible. they are in my prayers. courtney

Jane said...

just found your blog while surfing around some other adoption blogs...
I WILL BE PRAYING! Please keep us posted.