Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dossier it Authenticated!!




On Monday, May 21, my dossier went to Topeka for Authentication. I got it back already this morning!!! Those guys are sure quick! I wish everything in this adoption would move that quickly. I am learning a lot about being patient though. I know that the daughter God has chosen for me, may not even be born yet so I have to wait. Now I will send my dossier to the Guatemalan Consulate in Houston so they can authenticate it too.

For those not familar with the process, the top picture is of my documents with the statements from the Secretary of State (Ron Thornburgh) saying that the notaries I used are actual notaries for the state of Kansas. The second picture show a page from Governor Kathleen Sebilous stating that Ron Thornburgh is the Secretary of State. I guess the Governor doesn't need anyone to say she is who she says she is.

I had 15 documents authenticated at $7.50 each for a total of $112.50. For the Guatemalan authentications it is $10 each - - - $150!!! No wonder international adoptions are so expensive.

5 comments:

Tami said...

Congratulations! You're one step closer!

Melissa said...

It is such a huge accomplishment to have the dossier done. Congratulations!

Calico Sky said...

Congratulations that's wonderful news!!!
Over here, notarization cost around $1500 - super expencive!!!
One BIG step closer!!!

Unknown said...

We also just finished our certification on most of our documents. Feel free to contact us at kevinjemmott@cfl.rr.com - we can compare progress. God Bless.
http://hannahjemmott.blogspot.com/

Natalie said...

What a huge relief to have that taken care of! Congrats and good luck with the rest of the process!!!