Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

My mom, Johanna and I went to Topeka to my aunt and uncle's for Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful time!! Johanna was so good through all the running around, family, shopping, etc. She enjoyed playing with her cousins Levi and Sydney and helping her cousin Kyle practice being a daddy for his coming baby.
Enjoying Thanksgiving Dinner.



Ready for the after Thanksgiving Dinner walk.


Cousin Sydney helping Johanna take off her coat after the walk.


Playing blocks with Cousin Levi.



Johanna really likes her (my) Uncle Willard. She would climb right up on his lap with no problems. She even got him to read one of her favorite books.


Friday we went shopping at a mall in Kansas City. Johanna did great until I took her to see Santa Claus. She wanted no part of him so I have no picutres. She did however, enjoy the carousel for the most part.




Part way through the ride, she decided she wanted off.


By the end of the ride I was completely holding her.

6 comments:

Susie said...

I'm so glad you had a great Thanksgiving. She's a little trooper to put up with all of that driving and chaos of family and shopping, etc. Love the pics, especially the one of you holding her on the carousel. Isn't it a blast to try to keep your balance while holding a squirmy child?!

Jill said...

She is so darling!

Unknown said...

Her Thanksgiving outfit is so cute and she is adorable as always. Glad to hear you had a great t-day.

We didn't get pics of Dmitrii with santa on his first Christmas either and I am sure it's not going to happen this year either. I am considering photoshoping Santa in. LOL

Anonymous said...

Miss Johanna is as cute as ever! Isaiah was a little scared of the carousel as well. We'll see how he feels about Santa this year!
Have a good week!

LynnieB said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Keep trying Santa. I was very surprised that Will enjoyed him.

Tami said...

Looks like she (and you) had a fantastic Thanksgiving! :)