Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Half and Half

No, this post isn't about cream. It is about a significant moment in mine and Johanna's life together. Today marks the day when Johanna has spent half her life away from me and half her life with me. Johanna was 8 months and 1 day when I first held her in my arms.

Johanna has grown a bunch since coming home and has learned so much. I am amazed at how smart she is. She will try to say almost anything I ask her to say. She also knows about 12 animal sounds. She loves books and can't get enough of me reading to her. I don't think I really knew what it would be like to love someone as much as I love her. This motherhood thing is so awesome!!! I thank God daily for the big change He has made in my life through giving me Johanna.

Johanna Faith,

Your Mommy loves you so very much. I know I tell you this several times a day and I hope and pray you really understand it. You have had such a positive impact on my life and the lives of others around us. I pray that you will grow to be a mighty woman of God and fulfil whatever God has in store for your future.

6 comments:

Susie said...

What a wonderful milestone! Isn't it a great feeling? Our 1/2 and 1/2 day will be coming up soon. I'm so happy for you both!

Anonymous said...

How awesome! Congrats on your half and half!

Tami said...

Happy Half and Half Day! :)

veggiemom said...

Congratulations on this special milestone!

Vanessa said...

Just as today is significant so will tomorrow when she has been with you longer than she has been away!! Motherhood is truly the greatest gift God could give any of us!!

Steph said...

What an awesome milestone!!! Happy day!