Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Starting the Nursery

We have a carpenter working on the room that will be Johanna's. He worked about 3 days a couple weeks before Christmas and then quit coming. We didn't know what was going on but he still had equipment in the room. He finally called yesterday and asked if we had painted the room yet. He was waiting for us to paint and then call him to finish. Total lack of communication!!
So . . . today I had to rush out and choose border and then get paint. This afternoon the painting will begin. I hate painting!!
You will have to wait until I am finished to see pictures. I think it is going to be awesome but also a lot of work. It will however, be so worth it.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate painting too, but I actually enjoyed painting Dmitrii's room. Of course now he doesn't even sleep in there and the room is almost never used... but one of these days we will get his crib out of our room and back into his.

Have fun painting. Can't wait to see photos.

Tami said...

Darn...if I weren't traveling to Ukraine in three days I'd come help ya! ;)

Jenny said...

I can't wait to see the pictures!

Gail said...

Jenny,
You will see it before most. Can't wait to see you next month!!

Nikki said...

Gail, how exciting!! I can't believe you've already started?! We haven't done ANYTHING. After reading your post, I told Jeff we need to do SOME shopping! It really is hard to get moving because we don't know when our Josiah is coming home. The situation in Guatemala is just too unstable :(

Have fun painting!

demp5 said...

This is so exciting! I can't wait to see your pictures. I will decorate vicariously through you :)
Meghan

Courtney said...

Now the fun part begins. I can not wait to see pictures. Have fun. Courtney

Frances said...

Looking forward to seeing your pics! I just got estimates on painting Rosalie's room. I am not about to do it myself ;)

Rose said...

Ohh can't wait to see the pics. I love to see everyones new nursery's.. Soo fun!

Beth said...

The results will be worth the grumbling! Good luck!

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

Oh What Fun... Do Post Pictures When Your Done !
God Bless-
Julie

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Can't wait to see the finished product with the little angel in it.