Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 22, 2007

Johanna's Birth Mom

I got the dna results from Lab Corp on Saturday. With the results came a picture of Johanna with her birth mom. It is the last time the birth mom will see her. It is a bittersweet picture. I owe Maria so much and I will pray for her.

I was surprised at how young she is. I knew her age but when I saw her picture it hit me more. She looks like a teenager, so young and so innocent. I can tell from her face that she loves this baby and I will let Johanna know that. I hope that someday Johanna and I can travel to Guatemala to meet her, when Johanna is ready.

7 comments:

Teri said...

Our birth mothers pictures always make me cry, off and on for days. I am glad that you hope to have Johanna meet her someday.

Annie and Greg said...

I cry everytime I look at the pictures of Marcus and William with their birthmoms. I have vowed to raise my boys in a way to make their birthmoms proud.

Ironically, both Marcus's and William's birthmoms names are Maria as well.

Ellie said...

When I first got Angelena's DNA results with the picture, I cried my eyes out, knowing that taking this picture must have been a heart break. She looked so unhappy. So, lost... Then when I got Angelo's DNA Results... She looked the same...

Now when I look at Angelena, when she is upset and not getting her way, I see that same look. Something I can share with her when she gets older.

Tami said...

What a blessing it will be to have that picture!

Margaret mom to Peter, and waiting for his sister said...

One step closer of getting your little angel home. Hope she is home very soon.

margaret
www.kanakosfamily.blogspot.com

Nikki said...

Wow, it really is precious to have the pic. I'm waiting anxiously for my turn to get it, but then I see it as one step closer to bring our children home! :)

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

Praying for Johanna's bithmom, may God continue to fill her heart with such peace and may she know that her precious daughter is loved beyond compare !
God Bless-
Julie