Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Celebrating PA?

This morning I was thinking about the pre-approval process and what it means. I was wondering, "Is it really something to celebrate?" This is the process where the U.S. Embassy looks over all the papers to decide if the child to be adopted qualifies as an orphan. So yesterday I got the pre-approval from the embassy that says, "Yes, the baby you want is an orphan." I was kind of sad about it this morning. Sure it is a great milestone in the process but being an orphan is not really a good thing. Then this afternoon I visited my friend Tami's blog and she had this video on there. It is "Orphans of God" by Avalon. I guess it is okay to be an orphan on the earth. There are no orphans of God.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I wasn't going to cry today, its been a stressfull weekend and I was working hard not to cry.

Anonymous said...

Oops, I'm not really anonymous, I'm SIL Lori

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Love that song!!! Yes, PA is a big step. So, go celebrate!!!

Madelyn's Mommy said...

I celebrated when I got PA! Congrats I am happy for you! That is a huge step accomplished!

Andrea

Jenn said...

Congratulations on the PA! I hope you're in PGN soon! We may be in there together.

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

I completley understand and relate to your feelings. Though we must remember each of these milestones brings you one step closer to your child, and yes, that is something to celebrate !
This video is very touching...
God Bless-
Julie