Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Kazakhstan - What do you know about it?

I have to admit that before researching adoption and finally deciding on Kazakhstan, I didn't even know where it was. So, I am going to share some information with you. Some of this I will be learning for the first time as I try to learn more about the country of my future daughter's origin.


Facts about Kazakhstan

Republic of Kazakhstan
Location: Central Asia, northwest of China
Area: 2,717,300 sq km
Climate: continental, cold winters and hot summers, arid and semiarid
Terrain: extends from the Volga to the Altai Mountains and from the plains in western Siberia to oases and desert in Central Asia
Population: 16,824,825 (July 1999 est.)
Religions: Muslim 47%, Russian Orthodox 44%, Protestant 2%, other 7%
Languages: Kazakh (Qazaq) (state language) 40%, Russian (official, used in everyday business) 66%
Capital: Astana

No comments: